View Single Post

RUF schrouds there IC and even runs a snorkel to the deck lid for the intake on there later conversions. So dose the 993TT including a snorkel. Thus, sounds like a good idea.

Porsche schrouds all there turbos after 1989 and gets the AC condensor and even the oil cooler away from the motor's intake and cooling air.

We also do not want the intake air to get pre heated as it rases the intake temps and has a direct impact on the IC out let temps is my understanding. Thus, it might be worth while to make sure there is a direct path at WOT ,or even seperate ducting, to fresh air.

Corkey Bell says to not discount the cooling effectiveness of the IC tubing and end tanks. I think this means that if you have a choice to run air over them to do so. I do not think this means we should sacrifice air through the core in any way.

I do not know if this is any use to but here is a picture of the shroud for the Andial sport intercoolers.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)