View Single Post

I suspect that if we identify a proper sized split scroll turbo and divorce both sides from each other we will see an improvement in performance and I now understand better why.

Of course a fully split system would be the best. That being a twin turbo system.

A split turbine turbo on an equal length would also be a best of the best system and easer for most of us to obtain.

Following this further and working toward divorcing the two sides of a 911 motor could generate several new products opportunities.

By just modifying one's old B&B style headers one would be able to fully eliminate the 'overlapping of exhaust events' for a potentially solid bump in performance.

Even the stock J pipe 930 system. If we replaced just the J pipe with separate tubes and waste gates to the split turbine turbo we would also be eliminating the overlapping exhaust events issue.

I suspect even on a stock 3.2 NA Carrera converting from a joined to a split system, including muffler, could make for a bump in performance.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)