View Single Post

Kudos to those who take out your own motors :)

Having had to take out and put a 930 motor back in for the first time, I have a new found appreciation for folks that manage to do this themselves...

I had the help of a scissor lift, air tools, and a husky friend...it was still quite labor intensive. I keep reading about folks who do it themselves, with jacks, on a garage floor...in 6 hours... I can't imagine that.

By the time you put the motor back in, get all of the wires connected, the vacumn lines, muffler, cv joints, throttle adjusted, clutch adjusted, runs to the hardware store for stripped allen keys etc... a couple weekends have flown by...

So, honestly, how long did it take you to get your motor out, and then back in???

I would estimate 8 hours to get it out, using 2 guys and a scissor lift. Granted, it was my first time... (basically it was 2 days... who has 8 contiguous hours )...

Getting it back in, seems to take longer. 12 hours (2-3 days)? Using 2 people. This included reconnecting everything, refilling all fluids, etc...

How long did it take everyone else??? Is it really plausible to do in a couple hours?

Last edited by bpu699; 06-02-2010 at 09:16 AM..
Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)