View Single Post

Brian,

As you just said, equal and split are two distinct and different systems and I agree.

We both have now stated that combining both technology's has a high expectation of being synergistic. I to firmly accept this.

However to me, though it may be a good idea, adding the division between the secondaries just at the turbo as you pictured above has nothing to do with any of the benefits associated with a 'split scroll' system.

I can see that it might positively benefit reducing turbulence at the collector.

The attributes associated with a split scroll system are 1) separate intersection of the exhaust pressure's at the turbine wheel and 2) no common connection to that point. One might try associating just one of these attributes alone in the hope of benifiting. However, it probably would not be prudent to try to guess or 'exrapolate' if one might have any positive effect without the other.

We understand you make great headers, we all know you make a great 'trully' equal length system, and thanks to your efforts I think most here should know you have the flexability to make them in to a split system to. We are lucky to have you to supply such and I hope you are very successful so they will keep being available.

However, that is not the question but thank you for reminders.

The question is -- Twin Scroll, better or not, by how much, and 'why' is it better?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)