Thread: Fuel Leak
View Single Post

Thank you A930Rocket with your info, and more courage, I have set removing the cold start injector.

- Now I've used a mirror and light to view the injector, and to be able to place a 10mm socket on "the nut holding" the injector in place.

- Managed to remove the injector. 1976 car injector only had 1 single nut holding it in place. After removing the nut, the injector comes loose and is easy to remove.

- Here is a picture of the 1976 car injector:

- I cut the remainins of the old tubing, and used a small saw to cut away the old pressed tube -connector. Then bought some new 8mm tube, used now regular fasterers (tighten with a screw-driver).

- the cold start injector other end of the tube comes here:

Finally managed to put everything back in place:

Now, there are still some old and some new issues:
no.1 (not major): still some fuel coming from somewhere else. Fuel no longer leaks from the replaced tube, but there is another leak.

no.2 (more major): the car no longer starts. Fuel pump seems to work (or sounds), but no spark
- the car run all good before this fuel-line replacement-procedure, now there is no spark. (removed one spark-plug cable, attached to another spark-plug, touching engine top, a friend turned ignition, car attempts to start (engine turns), fuel-pump sounds like is running, but no spark).
Old 06-05-2010, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)