View Single Post

Garage
77 Turbo hot start problem

I drove the car to pick up my daughter for dinner yesterday. Stopped several times, and didn't have any issues restarting the car. The last stop i made was to drop her off, and shut the car off for about 5 minutes, not unlike the previous stops. I o back out to re-start the car to drive home, and I could not get it to start. Cranks no problem.

Everything is very stock on the car. The engine was rebuilt last summer, and has less than 1000 miles on the rebuild. The fuel head was rebuilt, the WUR was rebuilt also

One thing that I did notice, when I turned the key to start the car, the fuel relay in the back was opening and closing very quickly, and continued to chatter for a few seconds after I stopped cranking the engine. I tried to swap the relays from the front to the back, checked the fuel pump fuse, and nothing helped.

I sat there for just about 1 hour with the engine lid open. I was on the phone with Haggerty for a tow and tried it one last time, and it fired up.

I have read some other posts regarding hot starts, but didn't see any comments of the fuel pump relays chattering open and closed.

Would this also be the fuel accumulator like I have read in other posts? Is the CDI unit going bad? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Karsten

1977 Turbo Carrera - Work in progress
1971 911E Targa - Almost gone
Old 06-10-2010, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)