View Single Post

Hi Mark, I said I was jumping 87a and 30 but I was looking at the pin number diagram on the side of the yellow relay wrong. I'm actually jumping 87a and 86.

Hard to say which ones are correct because on the inside there is a ribbon connector between the main circut board and the mounting pin circut board and that makes it hard to trace what each pin is going to.

Anyway, when I jump pins 87a and 86 my overboost sensor still works as it should. If I pull the white wire off it the motor shuts off, put it back on or ground it and the motor will run and the yellow relay is no where near the car... only 87a and 86 pins are jumped.

So.. there's still some question about that yellow relay.
I'm thinking it does 2 or maybe 3 things.. like the short fuel pump burst when first turning the key to start the car that some people have noticed.
It probably works with the airflow sensor plate safety switch because I remember hearing a click from it when moving the sensor plate or removing/replacing the green plug and maybe it has something to do with the overboost sensor but mine works normally with only those 2 pins jumped.

for now I'll just enjoy the mystery... nothing new with this car and most women.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)