View Single Post

The one 930 GHL muffler I've seen was flat or flush on the ends and that one is recessed on the one end thats pictured like a B&B single out muffler.

The inside of B&B and GHL are totally different. A friend has a GHL single out and I have a B&B single out so I've seen and heard the difference.

In my opinion the B&B is made alot better than the GHL.
The B&B has about a 1 inch thickness of fiberglass or something similar packing around the entire inside perimeter held in place by thick perforated steel mesh along with some perforated steel V shaped baffles on the inside next to the the inlet and outlet pipes and a 3" cross over pipe down at the far end that goes through a sheet metal seperator that goes horizontally the entire inside length to seperate the top inlet pipes flow from the bottom exit pipes flow.
It's hard for me to describe what I see when looking inside of them with a flashlight.

The GHL has no sound aborbtion packing. It's a big tinny sounding stainless steel can with some baffles and in one area the exhaust has to flow through a necked down 2" restriction.
Anothwords the GHL looks nice but it's a piece of junk on the inside.

The B&B is heavier and because of the sound absorbtion packing you can gut it of all the baffles and the packing around the inside diameter will still absorb alot of the high frequency exhaust noise while the GHL does not.

Everybody likes something different though so thats just my butthole opinion.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)