View Single Post

3.5 Andial motor is crap....

I have heard it for years but didn't believe it....now I do. I bought an 82 930 with an Andial built 3.5 liter motor. $22,900 build receipt from Andial. Motor has 6k miles on it. 2k of which are mine. Complete piece of trash... My machine shop says that the heads look like they have 200k miles on them. They have never seen cylinders this size diameter.... It turns out that Andial built a few Stroked 3.5 liter motors. Unfortunately, I have one. The cylinders are now trash...I talked to a friend and he informed me that he has two of these TRASH motors in his shop right now. Both lasted around 6k miles. WOW!!! Now I have to rebuild it... The motor has a 964 crank..... looking for P&C for this car.... Recently bought Keith's..Zuffenhaus...87 Marine Blue Factory Non Sunroof 930. I just want to put the 82 back together solidly for a sale. I want the engine to be solid for the next customer....I am using Martine Altologuire in atlanta. He is one of the most meticulous engine builders in the country. He is Furious about the build quality of this motor...If you are ever fortunate enough to drive a Martine Atlo engine....you will understand his attention to detail. He only builds 4 engines a year.... Dumbest thing I ever did was sell a 72 S with a 2.4 Maritine Alto engine.... A rocket ship..... Tate Askew
1991 Brumos 3.6 Turbo Pikes Peak Zwart Motor
1992 RWB 3.8 964 CLERMONT
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)