View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatsix777 View Post
My 1984 euro retards timing by 14 degrees at 0.8bar, although I don't know if this is the case for other model years.

David
Great info!

Not an expert but I think the single connection pot's on some of the euro cars did not seem to have retard from what I could glean so far. All the dual vac connection pots did have boost retard.

It just seems that a turbo has to have boost retard so I still have some questions on this. However, I would be able to work with either one.

Many believe the euro injection might be an improvement over the late US stuff but I am not sure that is the case. IThe fuel lines do look thicker on the euro but the Lambda US injection with a couple of tricks I believe can deliver more fuel than the non lambda euro systems, contrary to past beliefs. However, it dose not contribuite anything to power in stock tune.

Still seems most the significant difference relating to stock performance seems the exhaust.

To me it just comes down to condition, History, options (non sunroof, LTD slip, sport seats) and tune more than model.

Just what I believe so far.

Last edited by 911st; 06-14-2010 at 05:22 PM..
Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)