View Single Post

Garage
starting 930 search

Hi guys

I have been reading this part of the forum for years, and occasionally pitched in if I felt I could help.

I do not own a 911 turbo, but that is hopefully changing in a not to distant future.

In about 1.5 month I am moving to the US, and a 930 is going to be parked in the garage.

It is going to be a keeper, for me to take with me home after my four year stay.

My first choice is a 78-79 ROW, but other cars that just seem right might work as well. The reason for the earliest 3.3 is taxation once I get back. Difference in tax from 78 to 89 is somewhere in the neighbourhood of 20k-30k.
So I would rather spend the money on a awesome 78, than just giving my money to the government because I bought an 89.

I have read a lot (books and PP) so I know the basics about 911/930. Nothing like what some of you guys are displaying though.

I really hope you can help me with some no BS advice as I locate some cars.

The first one is up on craiglist:

PORSCHE 930 TURBO BLK/BLK LOW MILES

I think it is somewhat expensive. Looks good though.

Some info. from the owner:

9308800211 rebuilt on 7-21-04 6968 km since rebuild, work performed at Guys
Porsche . mahle pistons and cylinder set , heads sent to lesco, installed 911 sport
cams.

What do you think?

Thanks Jesper
Old 06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)