Thread: Innovate LM2?
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj930 View Post
Just one thing, I think I'd really benefit from logging the speed (MPH), too. I'm trying to remember - does the signal come from a wire off the gearbox? Or would you recommend attaching to the wires into the back of the gauge?
Logging speed is on my list too but the LM-2 can't do it directly. The additional channels are analogue and can only take 0-5V inputs whereas the electronic speed sensor on a 930 produces a pulsed signal (i.e frequency). To make it work you need to convert a frequency signal to a DC voltage; I haven't worked it out properly but I think you can get these from places like Maplin in UK (or perhaps Radio Shack in US?) quite inexpensively and make it yourself.

Alternatively I think you can use the LMA-3 with the LM-2 just like with the LM-1. It is meant to already have the ability to convert the speedo sensor output into 0-5V. Unfortunately you won't be able to read speed directly off the LM-2 though as there is no way to calibrate it - this is done using LogWorks on a laptop. I presume it's the same for the LM-1. Bill - the only reasons I can think of for this not working is if the LMA-3 output is over 5V or is suffering lots of interference making it unstable? Both can be sorted easily.

Edit : just realised you have an LC-1 so please ignore as don't know how this works.

David

Last edited by flatsix777; 06-16-2010 at 02:50 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)