View Single Post

Dont forget to remove the oil feed line to the turbo and fill the hole in the top of the bearing housing with motor oil, let it seep down and repeat, Put the oil line back on with new gasket if needed and then remove the fuel pump relays and crank the starter for about 30 seconds in 10-15 second steps so the starter motor doesn't overheat and motor oil is pumped into the turbo.
Then start it and let it idle for a minute before driving.

Might seem like overkill but you want to make sure the 2 turbo shaft bearings are full of oil before starting it.

It all looks nice.. I like to position the 3 hose clamps on the turbo down pipe to the other side so you don't scrape your forearms against the screw heads/worm gear covers when reaching down to get at driver side spark plugs or whatever.

Plastikote glossy 500 degree engine enamel makes the smoothest most perfect puff can finish with absolutely no orange peel, wrinkling, fisheye, or blush on really humid days I have ever experienced and I know how to spray paint well with a spray gun or whatever.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)