View Single Post
Infidel

Ignition coil question

Ok chaps, i realise that i have a 993 engine so not really 930 related, but hoping for some help anyway.
I have been having all sorts of boost issues, and have gone through two coils this year. The coils have been going due to them getting wet, my issues have always come up when i've been caught in a heavy shower.
I can make sure that never happens again by correctly shrouding the coil etc, but it got me thinking.
My boost issue has been caused by the spark being blown out down to a weakened coil/poor spark, and i'm a little concerned that even when the coil is working as it should, that running 1.1-1.2bar with K24/26 turbos, using a spark that's designed for way less, is not a good plan.
I don't really want to go mad here and rip out too much, does anyone know of a plug and play type system or coil that will give me a better, fatter, stronger spark than my stock set up? It would need to work with the stock Motronic system. I know less than nothing about ignition systems, and what is compatable with what.
Can anyone help?

Edit: The ideal answer would go something like this
"Jonathan, if you go with a 34*DC2 Blaster coil from ABC Spark Wizards, just replace your original with this, then use a set of Alien Flux Vortex leads, and a set of NASA Moon Orbital spark plugs set to 0.864 Parsecs, all of your troubles will be behind you"
Here's hoping
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan

Last edited by JBL930; 06-18-2010 at 05:07 AM..
Old 06-18-2010, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)