View Single Post
Turbofrog

Will try those tests later. No yellow relay on the rear on mine and the pumps run when ignition on.

EDIT: The front pump seems to have some pressed marks on it like bosch and numbers. The rear did not have any markings to be seen.

EDIT:2 The 35A Fuse for the 044 had blown! The car has two separate fuses for the fuel pumps and the lid says 2*25A but the blown one was 35A. I replaced with a 30A one which I happened to find. The wires looked ok.

I could not get any measurement I would understand. The pump would not fire when the 40amp gauge was in the 78 and 30 ports and the amp showed about 11A for both pumps when the relays where not in there.

Both pumps strugled without the other one? The 044 alone would not start first at all but started to pump but barely. The front only made stroke like noises but would pump better when 044 was pumping.

I still think changing the front would help but that would mean emptying the tank and I was not up to that yet. Is it easiest to open tha large allen bolt at hte bottom of the tank or just remove the pump line?

Last edited by smurfbus; 06-20-2010 at 07:01 AM..
Old 06-19-2010, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)