View Single Post

I hot one from Harbor Freight for $30. Very solidly made, good hoses, and the regulator works fine.

The leakdown gauge on the one I got was calibrated in percentages but it was actually a 15psi gauge... don't know why they did that because 15psi is not enough to seat the top compression ring.

One possible use is with 15psi in the cylinder you can hold back the crankshaft from turning with a wrench while the piston is halfway down the cylinder and check the leakdown there if you want. I can't hold the crank from turning when 100psi is in there and the piston is halfway down the cylinder..

So... just buy a cheap 100psi gauge with the same standard threads for around $5 at Harbor Freight and screw it in in place of the origonal one so you can adjust the regulator to pressurize the cylinder with 100psi.

Then while testing leakdown at 100psi, each pound below 100psi on the right side gauge would be 1% leakdown.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)