View Single Post

Nice example of an '89 Cab. I think I would want to see all the service records detail, in light of the fact that the odometer reading is highly suspect. I don't buy the dudes excuse of the previous owner "mistakenly putting a 1 in front of the 57,000". If the PO was that stupid, then how stupid was he at maintaining the car?

If well cared for, then 157,000 shouldn't be too much of a turn-off, but it is high mileage. The current owner has had it since 2006, dumped eleven grand into it in performance upgrades and tuneups. Given the year, the G50, and the Cab (personally, not my favorite body style...but I do love the white wheels...call me biased), his price isn't too outrageous except for the unknowns. Find out how it's been driven (grandma's car, or a track beast).

Assuming the higher of the two mileage quotes, the guy that's already offered 29K is probably on the mark.

Just my opinion, I'm by no means an expert on car pricing. I paid more for mine that I should have, but it's in excellent shape with over 100K on it now. Besides, I just couldn't live without it.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)