View Single Post

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
fuel pump relay help

Ok so I ripped out my old fuse panel and put a new one in this week.. FINALLY got everything working with the exception of the fuel pumps..

I seem to have two issues.. first I can't seem to find where the blue wire that goes to both relay should connect ( or more correctly which red/white or is it red/black wire it connects to). The wire diagram show the red/black wire that goes to the tach ?? . It was wired to a red/white one when I tore it apart.

The second issue is while trying to trouble shoot this problem I can put the blue wire to a + source and the front pump runs.. the back doesn't (ok that makes sense so I push down on the flapper and still nothing HOWEVER I get power at the WUR as I can hear the DWUR running). This baffles me as I've changed nothing back of the fuse panel. In addition I put power to the pos terminal of the pump and it runs..

Any suggestions ?

Also when you push down on the flapper should both pumps run or just the back one?? Just curious.

This is the 1980 turbo..

Thanks
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 06-20-2010, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)