View Single Post
I would rather be driving

John, I am going to chime in here. Remapping the motor is the easiest part of all of this conversion. Nothing but driving with barking orders from the passenger seat while using my fingers to operate the laptop. There are plenty of grades to simulate all the Steady-State conditions just like a dyno without the cost. I think there is a misconception regarding the tuning process. This is stepwise and methodical and there is no worry of damage if you follow a few simple guidelines. I will not tune this into a discussion of engine mapping. We can start a new thread if you need details.

Adapting to the Intake will be painless once we have the tapered insulator blocks made. I am running CAD as I type. The hardest part might be removing the long intake studs. But this is all just turning wrenches.

We are considering a boost controller for the EFI rather than a fully dependent BOV. I think the combination of the two will be best. Then we can map rpm dependent boost and possibly traction control if I can rig a speed sensor. Of course, I would like to hear opinions on proper setup.

I think I would like to see John run a stock intercooler with water/methanol injection. This is simple to trigger from the EFI. There would be no space issues with the AC. Yes, AC is important in TX. This would provide better charge cooling and less heat soak issues depending on the location of injection. The question is... Does the stock 930 intercooler bolt up to a 3.2 manifold? The 3.2 sits slightly higher and I am not sure the angle is too great in the downward direction to make a near 270 deg bend into the backside throttle location. I suppose we can cut off the rear end tank and make a new connection. I do need practice on my aluminum TIG skills.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts

Last edited by jpnovak; 06-21-2010 at 07:42 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)