View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

I am with Jamie on this...tweaking the maps is the easy part. I am sure Jamie is espousing the virtues of the new MS3, which means that once you have the base map, adjustments are a few keystrokes away. That said, you should really decide now what your ultimate power goal is to choose and accomodate your eventual turbo upgrade.

The GT35R seems to be the choice these days, but you'll want to consider flange differences and the fact these like equal length headers like RarlyL8s to accomodate twin scroll exhaust input. When ready, you can just ballpark tweak your fuel map by guesstimating the fuel bump in the table from the compressor map for extra margin, then tweak AFRs leaner back into stoich in real time.

I have also been intrigued by the Aerocharger VNT turbo for lower power needs when quick spoolup is desired. There are other options from Japanese cars like Mitsubishi and IHI, but those are not as plug and Play, so may be too 'unknown' for your aspirations.

I love water/meth injection as an add for your car. This is great insurance for hot climates and you can tweak MS3 to cut it in dependent on ambient temp to assist a stock IC when 90+ degree Texas temps make air/air ICs challenged. I figure that a common plenum turbo setup would work great with one nozzle, just post the TB. Dril, tap...done. Make sure you run a failsafe system though.

As far as the stock IC, any fitment issues should be easily solvable with a silicone hose or a TIG welded neck. Making a 3.2 manifold work has been done many times and Searching should uncover the answer. Definitely run an EMS managed boost controller, as you can make boost table dependent.

BTW, are twin plugs on the table? Compression bump? Cams?

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930

Last edited by kenikh; 06-21-2010 at 07:28 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)