View Single Post

Garage
Thumbs down 930 leaky thermostat WTF ?!?

Hello everyone,

Recently during an upgrade to B&B headers and trying to replace the oil lines that come with the kit, I wrecked the thermostat and unfortunately also the cooling lines to the front of the car(big $$$). After all the money and aggravation I finally installed a new thermostat and a pair of finned elephant racing cooling lines. Since that day, once the car is running and HOT, there is a substantial oil leak from the themostat area. I could not exactly tell but between myself and a Porsche mechanic's opinion we felt that the leak seemed to be from either the bottom thermostat threaded fitting or the one new cooling line to the front. Since then I removed the bottom plug and replaced that along with a new washer resealed and tested. It looked like the leak stopped. Then after a long drive today it emmitted a couple of drops which i noticed when on the driveway. Next thought is maybe the one front oil cooler line, but it is tightened very hard. There is always a little oil around this fitting too.

Does anyone know of a way to better seal this type of connection ???

TURBO = Free Power
Old 06-21-2010, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)