View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930cabman View Post
I just repaired the t stat and oil leaks on my 930. I found a copper based anti seize and simply assembled the parts and tightened the hell out of the fittings and no leaks.

I am still having what appears to be a malfunction somewhere in the oil cooler system. I have been using a Ryobi hand held infrared thermometer. I find low temps( around 130) in the return line to the tank, but still have high temps in the tank and at the temp sensor(around 230)

As far as I can tell the system is basically stock.

Thanks in advance
Initially, my front oil cooler was clogged with gunk... The car had sat for years, then we did an engine rebuild, but didn't "blow out" the front cooler. I noticed what you are seeing and after 100-miles, I decided to remove the cooler and have a radiator shop fully clean it. The guy [doing the cleaning] said it was totally gunked up. After that, the car runs at 180-90F and the front cooler is much more effecient

So, what I'm getting at, is you may have a restriction in the cooler itself... That is, if your T-stat is opening properly.

Maybe this doesn't apply to you, but just passing it along...
Old 06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)