View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I don't know what distributor vacuum pot came on your '79 and the timing adjustment slot looks like the distribtor may rotate clockwise. From the picture it's hard to tell.. What direction does your distributor rotate? The late '80 ones rotate counterclockwise with a dual pot vacuum pot and some of the early ones rotated clockwise and i thought those had a single pot distributor.

I see both parts of the safety switch plug next to the air flow meter on your car are blue.
The male plug on my AFM is blue but the female part of the plug with wires that pushes on it is green. I'm wondering if I have it mixed up with the cold start plug because the AFM safety switch doesn't work on my car meaning if the ignition is on the pumps are always running.

The safety switch used to work though and I don't remember ever removing the cold start plug so now I don't know... in S. Florida the cold start injector probably never works other than a few cold winter days anyway and you wouldn't know if it works without removing it and watching it spray anyway....

Have you seen the cold start valve/injector down below the throttle body in the intake manifold, and if you have what color is the removeable part of the plug, blue or green?

thanks,
Jim
Jim
really do not know but then we were cleaning the fuel system
with key on he had me unplug that to start the pump and plug in back in
to stop the pump.
i told you guys i'm a dumb ass about these cars but i can take photos if that will
help.
the guy that has my car can tell you anything about them he is stuck in a time warp!
he have a ball playing with my car thinks hes a kid again!!

Last edited by 1979 930; 06-25-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Old 06-25-2010, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #320 (permalink)