View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by s5uewf View Post
Finally figured it out and car is running fine now.

I am ashamed to admit the root cause, but I will in case anyone else ever forgets.

When I took the car apart months ago, I wrapped the black lead from the battery up and tucked it up out of the way so I would not have to worry about it arcing or anything.

When I put things back together, I concentrated on the red and yellow wires and forgot all about the black lead. From below it looked just like one of the cables to the rear parking brakes or heater boxes. I finally put on my glasses and got undet the car again and traced everything, and discovered I had not reconnected this lead. Of course this is the most crucial lead in the engine bay, but I just had put it out of my mind.

So there you have it. Problem solved and the issue was the black lead from the body to the starter was not connected.\

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
Ya know, when you first posted this problem, that thought occured to me only because I did something similar the first time I pulled the engine. Ended up crawling around underneath and finding that one wire yet to be connected. Don't feel bad, you're the second person I know of to do that. The rest of them, they're keeping silent.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)