View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
I only removed the e brake spanner and cut some of the backing plate tin (if still there). I left the e brake pads and everything else in place. This was to replace the stock studs with the 100mm ones.
Now, that's an idea... I'll take a look at that possibility... I just don't know what the smallest size spacer I can get away with...

I test mounted the rim/tire without a spacer or the brake callipers today [needed to remove the callipers so the rim wouldn't hit]. And, noticed that the tire just barely connects with a nut on the suspension plate coming from the torsion bar.

I'm not sure if a 7mm spacer will get me far enough away from the bolt??

So, the plan is to purchase a 7mm spacer [cheap] and give it a try. I don't have to cut the wheel studs initially. So, I can drive around and check for rubbing.

If I think it's a problem, I'll go with 12mm spacer on the LS. And, because of my 7mm variance from LS to RS, I'll go with a 12mm + 7mm spacer [19mm TTL] on the RS.

By removing the stock spacers [at 28mm], worst case I'll gain 16mm on the LS and 9mm on the RS. And, best case, I'll gain 21mm on the LS and 16mm on the RS.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)