View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
start with the basics,,
timing, are all cylinders firing ?
fuel ( AFR ration ? sounds like it's running rich)
+1^^^^ And after that all checks out, you should also verify that your fuel control pressures are correct. It takes a specialized gauge setup, but really quite simple to check.

While you're poking around back there, you may want to verify that all your intercooler seals and turbo pipes/hoses aren't leaking. One of the possible things that can cause your symptoms is a simple air leak someplace prior to the throttle body....quite common for the o-rings from the up-pipe from the turbo and/or the o-rings for the intercooler connections to tear or dislodge. Air will leak out at those points and cause a very rich mixture, getting more and more pronounced as you step on the gas. And as a matter of course, check all vacuum hoses as well. 90% of the time it's something so basic and obvious.

After 6 years of storage, I'm wondering on the general condition of the fuel system. Might be all gummed up inside? I would say to run some fuel injector cleaner in your tank, but I'm not sure if it will disolve real serious varnish. Did you put in a new fuel filter since taking her out of storage? Do you know for certain that both of your fuel pumps are running?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 06-27-2010 at 07:09 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)