View Single Post

If you haven't had your car re-tuned after having the fuel head built to flow 20% more fuel as Jim mentioned, then I would think you're kinda shooting in the dark. At this point I would say an adjustable WUR is probably a must. You can go digital, or you can go with a modified/adjustable WUR per Brian Leask for about half the cost of digital.

Yes, you could right now start messing with your base mixture adjustments via the adjustment on the fuel head itself, but that won't give you the tuning needed across all conditions of running. Plus, I would be reluctant to mess with the mixture there until you first have a means of knowing what your AFR's are doing (a wide band AFR monitoring system, or your basic tail-pipe emissions/CO tester at a minimum). Or, if you're good at it, then tune by ear at idle. I guess you could slap on your spare "stock" fuel head to get you going and to confirm that the issue is indeed with your new fuel head.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)