View Single Post

Yes, I replaced the fuse and tested it with a an ohmmeter. I know it was working before the fuse blew because it was having a gay time with the high idle. I had to disconnect it.

Definately got the microswitch out of the way.

One thing that leads me to look for something out of the ordinary is that when I go out tomorrow, the engine will start quickly and idle at a low idle for five minutes or even longer. I can run it up and it will fall back down to low idle, no problem. But after several minutes and it warms up, it will run up to 2000 and that's it. When it decides to go, it is like something changed. It will be at a few hundred rpm and then just climb right up. I dont have to touch it. I can precipitate it ,however, by running the speed up.

I dont believe the pump is original to the engine because it doesnt have the fuel enrichment solenoid. But it runs fine at speed, at least to my satisfaction, even if the urve is a bit off. Seems like idle shouldnt be much affected and it did work when I got it.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)