View Single Post
Registered

Do you have the hose to the thermostat connected? I defer to the MFI experts that have already checked in, but this week, after many drives with perfect idle, I had a high idle issue. After warming up, my idle was rising to 2500 RPM or so. I found two things amiss. My 1,2,3 linkage rod was slightly too short, possibly influencing the idle speed. After fixing that the idle dropped from 2500 to 2000. As I was fixing/checking the linkage, I noticed that the hose to the solenoid had slipped off. I re-clamped it to the solenoid and the problem seems to have gone away.

Regards,

Al

PS: If I'm thinking of this correctly, the thermostat acts as part of the cold start mechanism, providing an enriched mix. If the hose is on and functioning the warm air from the exchanger heats the thermodiscs, causing them to expand and change the fuel accordingly. Will the hose coming off, cause the thermodiscs to cool and retract and assume the "starting" position again and will this cause a high idle?
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669
http://www.x-faktory.com/

Last edited by al lkosmal; 06-30-2010 at 04:27 PM..
Old 06-30-2010, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)