View Single Post

Garage
Well you answered my question on post #58. Leave the main rack adjustments alone. As for trying to adjust the idle mixture on the pump, it's not going to make any difference with the engine running at 2000 rpm, it's out of the tuning range of the pump governor springs past 1500 rpm.
Is it possible that the thermostat is sticking during the warm up and only expanding half way at times? Then after a good warm up period the thermostat then snaps open the rest of the way. Were the TB idle air screws, timing, and idle mixture adjusted at one of the times the thermostat stuck at a half way point? Car runs great, idles fine then all of a sudden out of nowhere idle goes up to 2000 rpm because the thermostat finally expanded all the way. TB's are a little worn causing a lean idle and rpm starts to go up a little, distributor also starts to advance and now your at 2000K.
We are all just trying to help and I'm no "expert" but I do know the inside of the MFI pump.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)