View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The frenchi View Post
So I work to find my problem.
My electrical connection is ok.

When I pull up the metering plate control, my fuel pump stop.
And when I drop in his initial position, my fuel pump turns.
So : Maybe my switch is broken or set wrong.
Or my metering plate control is set wrong.

How can I disassemble the switch I didn't find...

And How can I set the metering plate control...but that will change my CO setting....

Thank for answer
Well you seem to be narrowing down the problem. At least we now know that your switch is functioning, but it doesn't appear that your control arm is returning to full rest and triggering the switch.
Two possibilities that I can think of. One, the air flow sensor plate is binding or rubbing on the side of the cone and may need to be re-centered. You should be able to pass a 0.1mm feeler gauge around the circumference of the plate to assure proper clearance between the plate and cone. You could loosen the center mounting screw and move the plate until it's centered. Or, the other possibility is that the control plunger in the fuel distributor is gummed up and sticking, not letting the control arm return to its full rest position. You would have to remove the fuel distributor to get to and clean the plunger.

I personally have not made those adjustments or removed the distributor, but it seems pretty straightforward. An invaluable resource is Bentley Publishers Bosch Fuel Injection and Engine Management book, written by Charles O. Probst.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)