View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Squirrel View Post
I think it is important to distinguish between personal attacks, like "consider the source", or "rodent problem" or any similar comments.

My point is that this system is a poor design. This one is truely awful because in the case of twin turbos, equal length, which RarlyL8 has been marketing on this forum for awhile now, is actually measureably effective, if done correctly. These in my opinion are not. As far as appearance is concerned, while I'm sure that they look "cool" to some, they are a joke to me. I think that is a fair opinion to be expressed in a forum like this.

Previously, Rarly's posters attacked us for simply asking for comparison data. I see no reason for that, or for this latest attempt to suppress the opinions of others. I certainly have never attacked RarlyL8 as a person, and have no intention to do so. I do think it is fair to challenge an idea or philosophy. That's one aspect of a forum. If that is not appreciated, I have no problem with banning myself, as I find the lack of such interchange dull and uninteresting.
I hope you don't ban yourself from the forum. That makes no sense either.

For me, they are interesting to look at, but that's it.

When I build someone an EFI car and they spend an avg of $10k in parts and labor, we always discuss what will work best. Most of the time, you guys want the absolute best, latest part so no HP/TQ is left on the table - extrude hone this, polish that, shave the other, and so on (and heaven forbid, it better have $15/qt synthetic). So, after installing an ECU that has thousands of hours of development on and off the track, turbos that are race proven with millions of dollars of R&D, hours and hours of dyno and street tuning, if I ever recommended headers from a guy who makes them who only has an internet shop, that have no numbers, no practical experience in header development (didn't come from a shop or race team or engine builder or tuner), no race or endurance experience or data, I would be laughed out of my side gig.

But wait, he's a hell of a guy - no kidding. And very helpful to some.

To invest the kind of money we do in these cars and read the anal discussions on polyester molecules in each brand of synthetic oil, I have to say I am surprised we would spend thousands on something as important as a header based on best guess, internet research (remember, no testing, no experience, no numbers, etc) and collective forum excitement.

Anyway Brian, I admire your diligence and focus. I'll continue to read with interest.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)