View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Do I really need a PhD in Automotive Engineering to combine proven designs into one product?
Do I really need race car experience to build street car products?

I have degrees hanging on my wall and lots of experience in different areas if any of that matters. Yes I sell from my internet website but I'm not a distributor of stuff, I actually design products and have them manufactured to my quality standards in the United States. If I had a huge shop with racing and dynos and blingy bla bla bla these headers would cost $5000; which they do if you buy them from my competitors.

The designs are convergent evolution and nearly identical by the way.

I have replaced all major competitor's headers with mine and they have outperformed all. Client feedback has been 100% on that and it is backed up with dyno data which I have posted.

No my headers aren't the most perfect design physically possible. The most perfect design wouldn't fit on a boxer engine or be practical for a street car. Too many folks get caught up in the impractical for the sake of theory.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)