View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_hans_stuck View Post
Wow. Sounds like a philosophical difference between "race car engineering" and Hot Rodding.

As an engineer myself - with more than one diploma hanging on my wall - I'll just state a couple of the things I learned in school.

1. There usually exists more than one right answer.

2. Engineering is always compromised by cost. Given an unlimited budget, you can build a bridge to the moon.
Finally!! Some sense has come from all of this.
I've seen the Bob Holcomb works-of-art, but good grief man, these things are built to a specific, limited application. Brian is a Porsche hot-rodder who loves these cars. If he wants to come out with a product that is better than the competition (FabSpeed, B&B, GHL, Schell or OBX for that matter) in this market, then more power to him!
Stop being "header-snobs" .....there's enough wine-snobs out there to cover any industry.

Finally, if there are truly engineers out there, then some of you have lost sight of our profession, INNOVATE!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 07-05-2010, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)