View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The 930 Monty muffler is internally baffled and contains tubes that are less than 2" diameter. If the internals were not gutted you may still have that 2" restriction feeding both sides.
We have modified a Monty for one client which required tearing out the 2" restrictions and re-designing the innerds. The result on this engine was a 1000rpm reduction in boost threshold.

Quote:
Your information makes me like the B&B 930 single out muffler more than ever... It's the only 930 muffler I've seen yet that never necks down below 3" on the inside and it has a perforated inner steel liner with sound absorbtion material under it that removes some noise and creates no backpressure in the big oval can stainless steel muffler.
This also describes my mufflers, with one exception; mine have no baffles. Straight through with a minimum of 3" diameter. The flow takes a smooth baffle free 180 bend back to the stock outlet.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)