View Single Post

Good Job, that system one filter looks familiar.

When I was running a K27 HFS I had the same kind of carbon coke particle buildup as you're having there and I never shut it off hot or tracked the car with that turbo. Just some I-95 entrance ramp test runs.

The UMW K27 HFS turbos have a large Holset compressor wheel on a regular K27 bearing housing and turbine side and they make alot of exhaust backpressure. higher backpressure creates heat and that makes the turbo run alot hotter than it would as a regular K27.

Then I put the K27 7006 back on and I've never seen a single carbon partical come from it.
It has a larger hot side housing and turbine wheel, and smaller compressor wheel.
Exhaust backpressure is lower so it runs cooler and doesn't carbonize and coke the oil.

Those carbon particals would go back to the oil tank unfiltered if you didn't put that filter there and some would eventually clog your cam spray bar holes and with the resulting lack of oil lubrication it would destroy your cams, rocker arms and rocker shafts. And cause accelerated wear to the valve stems and valve guides.
Those carbon particals will go everywhere with the oil.

I hope Mobil One synthetic works for you and keeps that from happening with that turbo.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)