Thread: Small problem
View Single Post

Mine started doing something similar awhile ago...I just haven't bothered yet to troubleshoot. I can run her down the highway for a half hour, get nice and warm, with AFR's keeping steady at around 14.2 and responding normally on boost with appropriate AFR's. Then, come into town for some slow driving, maybe shut her down for a few minutes to run into the store for some refreshments, then back on the road...only to find the AFR's dropping on moderate throttle acceleration. I'm talking down to like 12.5. Not normal. Figure I'm heat soaked by that point and something is changing....perhaps losing some air past an o'ring that's slighly dislodged and only gets worse when hot.
WUR has maybe 2000 miles on it since BL did his thing, so I doubt that's it. Most likely fuel presure dropping off. Thought maybe I was losing power to the WUR heating element, but why waiting until she's nice and hot?
Jim, you may have a point there with the rear pump relay doing the funky chicken. That could explain a lot. May have to look into that.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)