View Single Post
air+fuel+spark

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_hans_stuck View Post
Wow. Sounds like a philosophical difference between "race car engineering" and Hot Rodding.

As an engineer myself - with more than one diploma hanging on my wall - I'll just state a couple of the things I learned in school.

1. There usually exists more than one right answer.

2. Engineering is always compromised by cost. Given an unlimited budget, you can build a bridge to the moon.
Amen not_hans_stuck.

I have worked with engineers my entire career and the only ones that I think are worth the oxygen I share are the ones who keep an open mind and prove their concepts by making and breaking them and then doing it again until the desired results are achieved. Too many times I have been burned by engineers who hold a god complex b/c they have a diploma hanging on the wall and produce poor misguided work. I hear holier than thou overtones from some here and it gets my pressure up. How the h3ll are we supposed to learn except by sharing information and then have a discussion about it?! I get sick of people saying sh&t that if not for the safety of the Internet otherwise would get them punched out in a bar. (end of rant)

Kudos to you Brian for doing and then sharing with the rest of us! I hope to hear the results of your endeavor.
R Gruppe #653
Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)