Thread: Heater hoses
View Single Post
Dave at Pelican Parts Dave at Pelican Parts is offline
Dave at Pelican Parts's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Silly-Con Valley
Posts: 14,080
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Bruce, your setup is aftermarket.

Dave, you have the normal 73-74 setup. A fan with a single outlet mounted to the left-side engine shelf. The 70-72 cars had a dual-outlet fan mounted to the fan shroud. The 75-76 cars had the 73-74 setup, but with a splitter attached to the (single) outlet of the fan.

On 73-74 cars, the blower is connected to the left-side heat exchanger only, with a cap on the right-side J-tube.

Connections on 70-74 cars (75-76 are somewhat different) --

Heater blower to left-side J-tube. J-tube goes down through the engine tin to the S-duct. S-duct connects on one end to the bottom of the fan shroud, on the other end to the heat exchanger. The J-tube connects in the middle of one of the S's bends. Outlet pipe connects to the heat exchanger, with the flapper valve on the end of the pipe. The flapper valve has a hose that runs to the inlet on the body.

The right side is identical (uses slightly different S-ducts, the J-tubes might have the mounting tab on the opposite side) except for the top of the J-tube having a plastic cap on it.

No pics at this moment.

Pelican Parts 914 Tech Support

A few pics of my car:
Old 09-17-2002, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)