Thread: Turbo on a 3.0
View Single Post

Garage
Turbo on a 3.0

I've searched and searched for a thread that discusses putting a turbo setup on an SC with a 3.0 motor. I don't know, maybe the search isn't working right because I get zilch.

So forgive me for asking a question that I'm certain has been asked already: what do I need to add a turbo to my 3.0, and what precautions should I take? I called Brian at RarlyL8 today, and he was very helpful (thanks Brian). But since I'm starting at the beginning I hesitate to tie a business owner up on the phone for an inordinate amount of time trying to explain stuff to me that I can easily learn on this forum.

The suggestion was to utilize a low-boost turbo, like the K27S, if I don't plan on rebuilding the engine.

How much $$ can I expect to spend for a street application? $6K? More? 300hp-ish sounds decent to me, at least for now . I'd at least like to be able to out-run my Audi; something I can't do right now...
The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know...what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. -Larry Gopnik
Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)