View Single Post
Blackbird Pilot

Just to chime in here, even though I don't post much anymore - here are my thoughts.

Brian - you've basically duplicated the orginal 935 shortie with burns collectors in lieu of the type used in the 70s....congrats and well done. The flow being equal will yield greater torque (which is something I don't need) and the collectors will prove better scavanging due to flow properties making for a more efficient setup.

If anyone doubts this type of design, I beg you to ask yourself the question...if they ran on real 935s like this and ran around 900 horse, at an insane level of boost...who are you to say its not a good design and won't work? Step up and show me what you're doing and your header setup to break 1,000 hp.

Brian has done many a good thing for this forum and our cars - so kudos and keep it up brother.

Here's a shot at some 935 headers for my 3.8 jigged off a set that came from a 935...repost I know but it seems that a few people have lost sight of what is known and what works for these cars, there is always a more efficient better way to do it, but the thing everyone forgets is a phrase called "diminishing returns".

This setup will work for huge power, doubt it? Lets put our cars on the line together and run what you brung...I didn't spend almost $100k on a motor not knowing if it would work or not...and what Brian is giving the masses, is a chance to get in on the performance at a very, very modest cost to what goes into these.

Street or track, take it or leave it, but if you're out for big power, if you don't want to dig it, you'll always be watching tail lights. Cuz this type of theory and execution tie into more than just exhaust, but into the whole concept from induction through exhaust...old school is old true, but it was way ahead of its time and is still way ahead of where most on this board are at.

Just look at Pat Willaims Racing, they're proving it daily that the old school is still kicking a$$ at small discplacement huge output motors.

So give Brian the respect he deserves, the customer who ordered them the kudos for putting a package together that will power the looks of his car and overall for the good it does the community for getting our 930s out there to show the masses again, what we're all about.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)