Thread: Turbo on a 3.0
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
A big impediment is the CIS mass airflow sensor and getting silicone or equivalent boots to fit without leaking or blowing off with boost and then being able to deal with the necessary fueling enrichment. Converting to EFI with a 3.2 intake manifold makes this much easier but dramatically increases the cost and imposes a considerable time burden for tuning.
Oh boy...so it's more complicated than simply installing the EFI, the turbo, intercooler, and waste gate...good thing I have a lot of spare time on my hands.
Quote:
Oh and I would source a 3.2 intake but if you had to you could do one of Tony Bitz (bitzracing.com) clean install where you cut your CIS airbox down to just the throttle body no popoff valve or at least check it for leakage at say 15 psi.
Is this the CIS to Partial EFI kit?
Quote:
Before I would go with SSI's I would look into one of Brians exhaust (headers and Y pipe) price is probably closer than you think.
I didn't realize. I'll look into that. My old exhaust heater boxes are rusty and falling apart faster than the Nevada real estate market, so they need replacing soon.
The Uncertainty Principle. It proves we can't ever really know...what's going on. So it shouldn't bother you. Not being able to figure anything out. Although you will be responsible for this on the mid-term. -Larry Gopnik
Old 07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)