View Single Post

As a BMWCCA/PCA/Viper instructor, Im going to ask that you fix it before going to the event. I for one, dont take people out in cars that have issues nor do I appreciate bieng in them. what will probably happen, nothing.... What could happen though could be very serious. Lets just say that if I was your instructor and I KNEW you had a wheel bearing going south I would either A: Help you fix it if possible, B: Suggest that you leave and come back when the car is corrected or D: POSSIBLY (if it wasnt very bad upon my inspection) we would be ceraful and pay close attention to it during the weekend.

I take it personal when Im at an event and people tell you that they really didnt change the brake fluid or some other thing that should have been done. I have been in wrecks before and certainly seen my fair share that I dont want myself, other instructors or students to be in harms way anymore than they already are. Thing happen VERY QUICKLY on the track wether is is a simple DE or a race and cars get wrecked. Often other cars in addition to yours. Lets say the bearing totally goes south and somehow it locks up the wheel or the rear tow goes way out quickly, you will nor be in control and could very possibly take another car out and people could get hurt. Is that likely...no but it could happen.

OK, Im off my soapbox now. Seeing that you have a week to get it fixed I would highly recommend it. Just my .02. I am not really a prude

Last edited by Carrerax; 07-09-2010 at 06:33 AM..
Old 07-09-2010, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)