Thread: Porsche bubble?
View Single Post

Greater Fool Theory

Any time a segment of a market goes up at a unnatural rate such as the SCAL housing market, and the people who are driving the market have no intentions of ever living in the homes they are buying, the market will claps. When it drops it goes down even faster because most of the buyers are over extended.

That is not the case for early 911s. Most people buy a early 911 to keep and USE. Not "flip" for thee quick buck as was the case with muscle cars or Italian cars. It is nice to see the value of your car going up but it does not make me want to sell it. The exception to this would be pressure due to loss of job or illness.

I have a friend who owns a 1965 427 Shelby Cobra and also owns a very high quality Cobra Replica because the original has become to valuable to drive except for special occasions. Maybe cars like a 1973 RS Carrera falls into that category.

The only thing I hate to see is when someone buys a early 911 only to put it in a garage and not use it. The car is meant to be driven. Just my opinion.

History is the lie we all agree to..........
Old 07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)