View Single Post

Been a while but I think if you dig through the web site or web I believe the 262 is the 362 with a smaller compressor housing to fit smaller space situations.

Kind of like the Turbonetics 62-1 HF if I recall correctly.

Then it seems they got there headings mixed by leaving out a heading for trim" that's all.

As you say the inducer on the compressor is where the gas enters and would be the smaller of the two sizes so that would be 62mm. Seems this is the more important dimension I understand.

Then on the turbine the exducer is the important dimension and the smaller of the two values so 67.6mm.

It seems the sweet spot for a CIS and many EFI street 930's is very close to a 60mm compressor inducer. Not sure if many of us need to go to 62mm but is seems to work well to.

Not an expert, just what I have seemed to see come up over the years. I know one 3.3 CIS that makes over 400 ft lbs w a 60-1 on stock ports and cams with full boost and big TQ before 3000rpm. Single BB and spools very, very fast.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)