View Single Post

Garage
+1

I take mine to NTB. Have my tires delivered there from Tirerack.

I take the wheels off myself. I watch. I tip. Never had an issue. Audi, BMW, MB, Lexus, Jag, Range Rover... all have expensive wheels. And they (national tire shops) ALL use the same equipment....

Taking it to a "porsche" mechanic really isnt necessary. Using common sense is... Id never let them jack up my car.. Id never drop off wheels and not watch... Id never not tip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigel View Post
Lots of porcupine talk above - "Ooooooh - only Dieter or Manfred can put tires on my Fuchs."

What you do need to ensure is to stay with your wheels and keep an eye on them. Tell the tire guy you want him to be careful with them and that you'll tip him if he does a good job. That's worked well in every place I have been to with my Porsches. I even let them jack them up in my presence. They are very careful - just don't throw them the key and walk off to go shopping.

Good to hear Sam's paid up without hassle. That's probably the upside here, compared to a hole in the wall tire place that will dispute even doing the damage.

George
83 SC Targa -- 3.2SS, GT2-108 Dougherty Cams, 9.5:1 JE Pistons, Supertec Studs, PMO ITB's, MS2 EFI, SSI's, Recurved Dizzy, MSD, Backdated Dansk Sport Stainless 2 in 1 out, Elephant Polybronze, Turbo Tie Rods, Bilstein HD's, Hollow 21-27 TBs, Optima Redtop 34R, Griffiths-ZIMS AC, Seine Shifter, Elephant Racing Oil Cooling.

Last edited by brads911sc; 07-12-2010 at 08:10 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 06:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)