Thread: Porsche bubble?
View Single Post
13 Year Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by si Banker View Post
You can not cut taxes.....
I need to move to Texas. The last tax cut that I received was seven years ago (the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003), and that tax cut will expire at the end of the year.

Quote:
MBS, mortgage backed securities, are bundles of home mortgages which are put into pools and sold on wall street to pension plans and investors. What will happen when interest rates are 9% to 12% and the MBS only has a yield of 5%.
All bonds will fall in value when interest rates increase (interest rate risk). Personally, I don't think rates will go to 9%-12%, but there is a risk that they could. MBS issues have interest rate risk and credit risk. I think a properly researched and purchased trench of a MBS can be profitable. You just must do your homework.

Quote:
There is a financial tidal wave coming...
I assume that you are short in a big way?

Quote:
A Carrera RS sold on the bay for 215K! How many 911T's have you seen sell for more than 20K?
That RS was a great buy at $215K. The early 911T's (for a 2+ car) are holding their own.

I know a few guys that make money on Porsche cars, but the rest of us lose money (but have a great time doing so).
Old 07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)