View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedracerIndy View Post
I'm confused by this part of your advice. Why do you say anything BUT ATE Blue? I thought that was one of the recommended fluids to use on the track. I just finished replacing my fluid with ATE Super Blue for my track day in August, so I'd like to know the reason behind your statement.

Thanks.
It's simple, ATE Blue stains the crap out of the reservoir (my main reason for my dislike of it) and makes it that much more difficult to see contaminates when you are bleeding. If you think you will flush it out with ATE Gold in between and get nice clear fluid good luck with that. It took me about four flushes to finally get the blue tint out of my fluid. There is absolutely no reason to use it and the ATE Gold is usually CHEAPER (and the exact same spec)!!! Use amber fluid and when flushing when it comes out looking new... it is new.

Hope that clears up my opinion of ATE Blue. You will be fine, but I would switch to ATE Gold (or one of the other even higher temp fluids) at your next service.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)