View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousone940 View Post
Just my .02 cents worth...you've got a system almost 30 years old that probably didn't work real well when new. I would rather not say how much I've spent ($$$ and time) on my a/c system and with all of its current faults, it's likely as good as it will ever be. If your expectation is to have a "functioning" a/c system (i.e. it holds freon and will make a little cool air from time to time), you can patch up (i.e. pull a vacuum, fix any significant leaks and charge the system) what's there; if your definition of "functioning" is something closer to new Honda/Ford/Toyota, then you best get out your check book. It's a slippery slope.
yes i know it will not work as well as toyo or any other, my wrench told me these ac systems never worked well anyway, and make them run hotter which is not good, had a 944 upgraded compressor etc it still didn't work well either, don't think i'll worry about it for now, my heater duct line needs changed so will need to pull comp to get it out will probably just leave it out, was thinking of putting a duck tail on in the future, so no need to put the coil on the engine lid back on if i have no ac, don't wont to pull the complete system out, is it ok just to leave the lines and cap off, so if i ever sell it will be easy to put stuff back.......

thanks for the responses

va beach va
Old 07-14-2010, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)