View Single Post

Garage
Pine-Sol

Okay well I committed to the PS cleaning.

I tried a few different mixtures (PS:Water), 1:1, 1.5:1, and 2:1.

I didn't notice any real difference between the mixtures. I soaked them in a black 5 gal bucket because it was convenient, then later put the bucket in the sun (TX sun) to see if the cleaning action would be accelerated. I noticed a little difference, but that may be due to the soak times were different.

The end result... I'm happy with the process and the cost. A 1.35gal jug of PS is $7.96 at Sam's Club. You will most likely pay double if you go to a commercial cleaning chemical retailer. So, if you have access to a Sam's Club use it. If you don't bribe a member at the door with a hot dog combo. Almost like coaxing someone to buy beer for you back in the day, or so I hear...

I didn't take a "before pic" of the worst one, but the "before" pic below is representative of what went in albeit the first ones were the worst. Sorry, I was in a hurry. There was some slight brushing and rinsing afterward, but very little.

Before:

After:

Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)